Sunday, May 23, 2010

Three in One

Whew! I have a lot of catching up to do. This post will be a condensed one covering the past three days.

On Friday afternoon, Jana and I took off to the Ladies' Retreat. We had the opportunity to serve as kitchen help and it was such a blessing. We helped prepare the evening meal and later a late-night tea/snack time. There were around 60 ladies present on Friday, but by Saturday morning the number increased to almost 100.
Saturday morning bright and early, we were up preparing their special breakfast. That was a real treat for them! It featured french bread, ham and cheese, two types of cakes, cheese bread, and lots of fruit. Jana and I had a lot of fun decorating the foods.



We then helped make the noon meal and finally closed off with an afternoon tea. It was work, but we were so thankful to be working with sweet ladies who knew what they were doing! We came home Saturday evening and had our regular church service. I think we were all quite tired by the end of the day, but happy for all the was accomplished.

Today -Sunday- was another busy, yet blessed day in our household. Jana and I tidied the house and helped get ready for our sunday meal before church in the morning. I had a good time with my old Sunday school class. I have a dear friend who is now teaching them and she is doing such a great job. I praise the Lord for Geane!
Mom made a delicious lasagna for lunch and the Lockhart family as well as my sis and brother-in-law and dear nephew came.
In the afternoon, several of us went on door-to-door visitation here in our suburb. It was the first time that two of "my girls" went with me and I was so proud of them! Please pray the the seed that is being sown would take root in hearts.
The day was topped of with a good evening service. We just started a "choir" and today was the first practice ever. I was so thankful for the number of people who showed up and sang so heartily unto the Lord. Our people are very, very limited in finding and listening to good music. Many of them had never sung until they were saved, so they have difficulties in learning to sing, or they just think that they can't do it. I am so excited to see how the Lord will work in all of our lives as we seek to improve even our praise unto Him!

And on this happy note :-) I bid you good-night!

No comments: